I’ve often wondered while out on a run or long bike if other athletes have the same stream of consciousness going on that I do. I did have a conversation about it once with another athlete while we were out running. I thought it might be a bit of a laugh to collect them all in one place and may provide reassurance to those of you new to the game, that we all think that.
Post your thoughts in the comments sections and we will add them in.
- Person runs past you like you are standing still. “They have probably only just started”
- Person runs past you like you are standing still. “I bet they are only running a half, quarter (add fraction here) of what I have already run today.
- During a half Ironman run. “This hurts so much, when will it end. How did I ever think that I could possibly do an Ironman.”
- During an Ironman. “This hurts so much, when will it end. What was I thinking?”
- At the end of an Ironman. “That hurt so much! Never ever ever again.
- One week after an Ironman. “Wow that was such an amazing experience. When is the next one. Sign me up.”
During the day
- Walking up a hill or stairs and feeling really puffed. “I’m fit really I am”